The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about adding roof lamps, what are the thoughts from those who have done so?!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
238 Posts
I installed after market smoked LED lights on my cab several years ago. They are still going strong. On the after market lights the holes that need to be drilled are very small.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rumor has it that since my truck is a lariat, it wont have the factory plug in the passenger side panel. Do you know this to be a fact? I've been trying to find a picture or youtube of the so called plug.

Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
How much do cab lights affect your overhead clearance? especially on a standard 7ft garage door. Can anybody look at thiers and guess how much further they stick up from the cab?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm curious also about the overhead clearance as I'm planning to buy Recon cab lights.
I'll let you know karlduke, I ordered a set of OEM lights and will be installing soon. I'm more worried about getting them sealed up than anything else.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I went the cheap route and got them from Harbor Freight for $12. I actually bought 2 sets just to have spares

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went the cheap route and got them from Harbor Freight for $12. I actually bought 2 sets just to have spares

How was your install Ponce3? any gotchas or pointers?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Went pretty good. drilling that first hole is the hardest part. lol Measure three times. use painters tape on top to protect and make your marks. Have a shop vac nearby to get rid of those shavings on the roof asap. Do a search. Alot of writeups and videos out there. I just tapped into the headlight switch wiring so they come on with the lights. The kit grounds through one of the screws for each light so theres only 1 wire to run. Use silicone in the holes for added insurance from water infiltration. Pretty easy really.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ImageUploadedByAG Free1482019257.254821.jpg
Can anyone bail me out before I ruin a perfectly good truck? I think I am going to sleep on it tonight before drilling the holes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Middle one should be in the center. next 2 out should be 8" from center. Outer 2 should be 13" further. Make sure your front holes will clear the support beam underneath. When you drop the headliner you'll see it. Heres a good write up. F250 Factory Clearance Light install

Ộ ----- 13"----- Ộ --8"-- Ộ --8"-- Ộ ----- 13" -----Ộ

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks good in the pic. I eyeballed mine after measuring. Look at it from different angles on the ground.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks good in the pic. I eyeballed mine after measuring. Look at it from different angles on the ground.
Ponce, did you drill your holes 5.5" from the windshield seal? Looks like that will clear the support without any problem but I wasnt sure if the 5.5 was from the tip of the cab light or the center for drilling. Thanks for the link, I'm reading a bunch of them tonight.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Depends on which ones youre using.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes thats ice. lol

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks very much for the picture in what looks like an unfavorable environment.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally got the job done and I'm happy with the results. You could have bought me for a nickel when I put the drill bit on the first hole. Gave the truck a good wash job and thankful there are no leaks, yet....
ImageUploadedByAG Free1482510565.596560.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1482510585.891079.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks great

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Looks real nice. I'll wait till spring to do mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts