The Diesel Stop banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hah,

Here she is....

F250 4 door short bed for sale on ebay....

Ford : F-250 Ford : F-250 | eBay

I like the long bed 4 door looks better, but still looks like a nice truck.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
You da man Phil!

I've got roughly 70" between the bolt/stud of the front passenger side cab mount to the bolt/stud of the passenger side rear cab mount. The mounts are where the rubber bushings hold the cab off the frame. The front sits ontop a bracket that stick outboard of the frame. The rear is on a crossmember toward the back of the cab. The crossmember is attached where the frame starts going upward.

Measuring on the top side of the passenger side frame, It is roughly 4 feet from the front edge of the underside of the cab to where the top side of the frame starts to go upward.

What you got?

Thanks for the help!

I really want a 4 door 4x4 f350 with the IDI, but they are so hard to find for a decent price.....rather make one with a custom 7' bed for an additional $500 on my well sorted chassis! : ) Hopefully we come up with similar measurements!
I have a ‘98 Ford XLT extended cab with some serious rust issues but everything else is in great shape and I bought a ‘01 XLT Ford ‘supercab for parts. The cab of my ‘01 is perfect condition and I want to swap out the two cabs completely. Can it be done? I’m planing using everything I can off the ‘01 except the bed.
My ‘98 Ford F-150 XLT 4wd (3-door) extended cab has a 4.2L, auto tranny(that locked up), 2wd rear-end(transfer case was locked up when I bought it and it was the only rear-end I could find in my area)
My ‘01 Ford F-150 XLT (4-door) supercab 4wd drive has a 4.6L, auto tranny, matching gear ratio transfer & trany & rear-end but tranny is locked in 4 low and bed beat up a little with a 3” body & frame left kit.
I’m planing on swapping everything out between the two except the beds from my ‘01 to my ‘98 and rebuilding as I go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You da man Phil!

I've got roughly 70" between the bolt/stud of the front passenger side cab mount to the bolt/stud of the passenger side rear cab mount. The mounts are where the rubber bushings hold the cab off the frame. The front sits ontop a bracket that stick outboard of the frame. The rear is on a crossmember toward the back of the cab. The crossmember is attached where the frame starts going upward.

Measuring on the top side of the passenger side frame, It is roughly 4 feet from the front edge of the underside of the cab to where the top side of the frame starts to go upward.

What you got?

Thanks for the help!

I really want a 4 door 4x4 f350 with the IDI, but they are so hard to find for a decent price.....rather make one with a custom 7' bed for an additional $500 on my well sorted chassis! : ) Hopefully we come up with similar measurements!
I've got both a 92 ext cab 7.3 and a 92 crew cab and will be swapping the cabs in a few weeks hopefully

21 - 24 of 24 Posts