The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the forum but have been luking here for a few years. Have always enjoyed reading all the info. I have an 2009 F350. I just bought a Kenwood DNN990HD with Nav. I'm looking for instructions if possible, on how to tap into the backup camera and view it on the kenwood screen. Can it be done and how to do it?
Thanks all,
Paul

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Seems like I read somewhere there is a pigtail made to connect a different HU, but...
Have you checked with Crutchfield for an adapter for it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the factory camera in the rear view and want to splits into it and send signal to my HU. Can't seem to find instructions on how to do it? Or on what side the camera wires run on the truck. I think I'll look at the wires in the tail gate to determine what color they are and see what side they run on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
some progress

I started a thread on here a few months back when I joined but cant seem to find it or my old log in info. I have been playing with this idea for awhile now and think I am on the right path. I found the wiring specs from the motocraft site to find the power wire that activates the camera. Although your request is slightly different you should still be able to tap into the signal feed from your backup cam before it reaches the mirror. My truck is an o8 f350 6.4 and the wire was found in a white harness behind the passenger kick panel. It is a green wire with purple tracer. My plan is to tap into it from the rocker switch to be able to turn my camera on without being in reverse. I haul loads at times on a flatbed that i can't see/monitor over my tailgate. I would imagine the signal wires themselves would be in that same area. Keep us posted, I plan on updating my dash with a alpine 7" screened unit in the future and had the same idea. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts