The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 6.0. In 2013 I replaced head gaskets, oil cooler, ARP studs, EGR Delete and Installed SCT tuner with CTS monitor. Everything went well until 5 moths later I got a contribution balance on #2 injector. Took the injector out but found nothing wrong with it. Looked on 4,6,8 and found the copper washer was blown off #8 injector. I replaced injector and problem went away. Last fall I headed north hunting pulling a 5000 trailer but I had it on performance tune (100 hp) not on tow tune. Truck had no issues on highway untill I hit the dirt road. At low sleeps my coolent temp and oil temp started to climb. I set my alarms at 210 for coolent and 220 for engine oil. First alarm was for coolent, then coolent and engine oil and third time for coolent and oil. so i stopped and returned to truck to stock and noticed that them temps only varied 10 deg difference from tune. On my way back home I towed in stock until I hit the highway and installed the performance tune. I was halfway back home when I was climbing a hill at 120 kms when suddenly the truck stalled as i was driving. I pulled over and tryed to start it but it wouldn't crack over. I kept trying until it started cracking over again and started but I had a cloud of white smoke from exhaust and from under the hood. So I had to get the F*&#n thing towed back to town. Took it apart and found #4, #3,5 injectors cooked. No cooper washers or oil rings left. I replaced 7 out of the 8 injectors. 1 was only 5 months old. trucks ran fine for a bit but now I keep getting a contribution balance on #5 cylinder and it only happens when I'm coming to a stop with the truck. It will studder until I accelerate and problem is gone. Its not something that happens everyday. It will run fine for 3 weeks and then I'll come up to a stop sign or lights and it will throw a 275 code. Can someone help me with this pls

1 - 1 of 1 Posts