The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone.
Can you Order a Truck and have two 35 gallon fuel tanks installed during Build and assembly time?
I went back through old threads did not see any for during a build.
I only saw for adding either Titan or Transfer flow Auxiliary tanks.
I will be using my Truck to tow a Fifth Wheel Trailer.
Thank you for your replies,
Scott

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I know of no option to order a second tank on the passenger side nor with a non-fleet truck. The xl and xlt fleet trucks have an option to have a front and rear tank.

I have the Titan 65 gal tank for the CCLB truck and enjoy the extended driving range when pulling the 5th wheel.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know of no option to order a second tank on the passenger side nor with a non-fleet truck. The xl and xlt fleet trucks have an option to have a front and rear tank.

I have the Titan 65 gal tank for the CCLB truck and enjoy the extended driving range when pulling the 5th wheel.
Thank you Larry.
Looks like i will have to go the Titan or transfer flow Aux tanks.
Does adding an Aux Tank void any Maintenance warranty?
Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Scott, No, it does not void warranty. The Titan tank is made of the same material as the stock tank.

There might be added charge if the in tank fuel pump or sending unit failed when they have to remove the larger tank.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scott, No, it does not void warranty. The Titan tank is made of the same material as the stock tank.

There might be added charge if the in tank fuel pump or sending unit failed when they have to remove the larger tank.
Thank you Larry.

For the Titan tank and the tank fuel pump. Do you use the upfitter switches that you order with your Truck, to run the pump?
Scott

·
Registered
2,501 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Titan tank I use is a replacement for the stock truck tank. It takes the fuel capacity from 37.5 to 65 gallons. No transfer pump needed.

https://titanfueltanks.com/shop/ford-crew-cab-long-bed-super-series-2011-2012/
Thanks Larry,
Did you get the Custom Shield un-box or boxed for your Titan Tank?
Looks like I will go with the Titan when I get moved back to the main land and get my F350, in a few years. Will order and ship to where I will be staying. Will than have to get someone install. I will be moving South Dakota, so will not have a place to install myself.
I'm in the planning phase now.
Scott

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I did order the shield separate of the tank but do not remember if it was in a box or not. I think the unboxed shield is when it is shipped when you order the tank and shield at the same time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Titan tank I use is a replacement for the stock truck tank. It takes the fuel capacity from 37.5 to 65 gallons. No transfer pump needed.

https://titanfueltanks.com/shop/ford-crew-cab-long-bed-super-series-2011-2012/
x2 on the Titan 65 gallon replacement tank.

Gravity feed auxiliary tanks (in the bed) are better from a fuel capacity per $ standpoint, but I was willing to pay the price to keep from taking up bed space.

One caution, though: The Titan replacement tanks have a very specific procedure for torquing and re-torquing the fuel sender flange. Make certain that whoever you have install it knows and follows the procedure, or you will have a good chance of a leak. Fuel can spill, and even worse, water can get into the tank.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
x2 on the Titan 65 gallon replacement tank.

Gravity feed auxiliary tanks (in the bed) are better from a fuel capacity per $ standpoint, but I was willing to pay the price to keep from taking up bed space.

One caution, though: The Titan replacement tanks have a very specific procedure for torquing and re-torquing the fuel sender flange. Make certain that whoever you have install it knows and follows the procedure, or you will have a good chance of a leak. Fuel can spill, and even worse, water can get into the tank.
Thank you typhoid for the message. Will ensure whoever installs the Titan Tank, will follow the procedure. A leak is the last problem i want! :thumbsup:
Scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts