The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Presently still in the trip but have some time to share the experience (will explain lather)

Same truck as mu sign with the 26' TT about 8000#

So started the trip last September from Victoria BC Canada to Quebec.

All the way everything when well and was doing average of 11 MPG all the way. Only thing i had was i hit a BIG potholes and it hit so hard than the track bar bracket hook under the leaf springs. Took about 45 min to fix it and ad to get the truck realign.

In quebec everything when good until 4 days before leaving. Coolant hose unplug and dump the rad on the ground and spray fuel everywhere because of the fuel filter drain valve (thanks Nick)

Now we are stop in Marathon ontario in a truck stop because of a snow storm. Ad to do the last 40 miles on 4x4. Right now-8 but forecast-15*C

I will post some picture and more when i get home whit more news later

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok now -10*C feel like -22*C, water already frozen in the RV after only 4h and battery's draining crazy fast because of the cold LOL

Gonna be a fun night!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Propane and battery's lol

I will have to start the truck on high idle couple time this night

·
Premium Member
7,913 Posts
So you guys have some heat in there, right?
Does the truck charge batteries in the trailer and they run some heaters? And there is propane heat also?
That's 15 Fahrenheit. How mch snow are you going to get? Did you guys eat? This is not going to turn into a Donner Party deal, is it?

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol nothing to worry about nick. The heat is propane push by electric fan. The truck recharge the trailer battery. So yes we are warm.

Yes we did eat a nice steak with rice and broccoli.

Im park in a truck stop besides there a gas station and a restaurant open 24h . And hotel 2min away ( incase iys too cold)

Not too much snow. Just enough to be pain in the but to drive with 26' trailler

Should be sunny tomorrow so we can keep driving

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Wow what a story your making. Does your trailer have the "thermal package" sticker? Mine does and I notice that the sticker is the only thing that doesn't freeze LOL.

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
You should. I did it in '09, 5 1/2 weeks, 8500 miles, only thing was I did it in warm weather.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow what a story your making. Does your trailer have the "thermal package" sticker? Mine does and I notice that the sticker is the only thing that doesn't freeze LOL.

No cold package, i just install thermo plastic on all windows and the little pillow for the roof vent

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This trip will be just s bit over 7000 miles by the time we arrive. Starting the truck every 4h to keep the battery's up and making sure the truck will start. No problem at all so far

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Well good luck, safe travels and let us know when you have arrived at your destination.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Road are nice and clean today but still really cold. Pass true 1/8 of a fuel and lots a propane. Another 2 days and will be back to normal temp. We hit the flash freeze from the north.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 32 Posts