The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having this problem. I log in to the https://owner.ford.com website and go to the page to download Sync 3 updates.
A little progress wheel appears in the center of the page but it never completes or allows you to download anything.

I'm having some issues with the Sync on the new truck and I'm pretty sure that the update would address it but can't get the file.

Any suggestion besides contacting Ford who isn't there to help on a Sunday?

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've tried on multiple browsers and different computers with the same result.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. Ford Sync chat just opened. Got online with them and they were pathetic. First they asked what browser I was using. When I explained that I'd tried them all on different machines with the same result, they then told me that the site was down for maintenance with no ETA for a fix and that I should try back periodically.
I suspect they aren't being honest with me. Why ask about a browser if you know the site is down?
What kind of IT dept takes a server down for days to to an update?
What kind of IT dept doesn't give their own folks an ETA for recovery?

It just goes to show me that Ford customer service is still woefully lacking!!!

Here is the exact response:
"Thanks Brian! Currently, our site is undergoing enhancements in order to bring our customers a better experience. During this time, some features may not function as they should, which may be why you are experiencing this concern. We encourage you to periodically, try your request again. At this time, there is no ETA on when this will be complete."

What the hell is try back periodically when they have no idea when it will be up? They didn't even know if it had been down for a day/week or year? Just keep trying back. Someday it might work.... pathetic!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah.. I finally got the thing to download. Was trying to use the USB method to update it but the Ford servers were down.
I'm disappointed in the service provided by Ford customer service reps. IT should have been on this and given some ETA for restoration of service.
Instead, all they could say is "There is no ETA" and "Keep trying periodically" which is fine if they knew how long it had been down, but they didn't know if it had been a day/week/month or year.
I'd seen references to the server being down on other forums and they weren't recent, so that just left me wondering if it went the way of Sync 1 "Services" (No longer available) :(

In any case, it's been updated now and working much better with my Android phone.

Sorry for the rant. I have always loved my Fords so it is just disappointing when you don't receive the support you think you should. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just take it to the dealership. They updated it for me so I haven’t tried downloading it myself. It was free since I was still under warranty

·
Registered
579 Posts
Anyone else having this problem. I log in to the https://owner.ford.com website and go to the page to download Sync 3 updates.
A little progress wheel appears in the center of the page but it never completes or allows you to download anything.

I'm having some issues with the Sync on the new truck and I'm pretty sure that the update would address it but can't get the file.

Any suggestion besides contacting Ford who isn't there to help on a Sunday?
Same here.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
I'm downloading a new update right now: JR3T-14G381-AS. Are you registered on the site? I think you have to be registered in order to get the updates.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts