The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm having some trouble removing my rotors on my 96 F250. Been working on this 4 days. After buying several different (and returning all of them) bearing locknut sockets, I am still trying to figure out how to remove the bearing nut. I have the auto locking hubs. I've been unable to find the right socket to fit the spindle nut sometimes called the bearing adjusting nut. I've been to all the local auto stores to no avail. Purchased bearing lock nut socket from NAPA today that must go back. See attached picture. It seems like it's round with 6-8 flat places in it. Hate to take this in to the FORD dealership, just don't have the money.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
I think that's a snap ring holding it on isn't it? Hard to see on my phone.

Using my iPhone4S right now

·
Registered
11 Posts
Take the snap ring out with two screw drivers our snap ring pliers, then put the screw driver against the nut and the splines and spin the hub to loosen it, that's the way I've always done them

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll give it a try...by cracky, somethings gotta work!

Thanks for all the help. Just ordered another hex nut from NAPA; will arrive tomorrow. If that doesn't work, will try ordering the QT1058 Large Rounded Hex Spindle Nut Socket. I'll try all suggestions and if all else failes, I'll get a bigger hammer! Pray for me...please! Need that truck to get back on the road; we gotta pull the RV next month down the road a bit to another bluegrass festival. Ya know when Momma ain't happy, Ain't nobody happy!!!
Thanks again to all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YEAH!!! NAPA finally checked and rechecked for a 2 3/4 Rounded Hex Spindle Nut Socket and it worked. YEAH YEAH YEAH Now I can finally get that rotor off and fix my baby! Wife will be happy to hear this too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts