The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the original owner of a 2011 F350. Just moved to a gated community. How do I get the Car2U controller on my visor programmed to operate the gate? I tried the phone number listed in the manual and that was a bad idea. It worked when I bought the truck new, but I wondered at the time how long that system would be maintained. What now?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can't just press the outer 2 buttons & then zap it with the gate controller?
You can't just press the outer 2 buttons & then zap it with the gate controller?
No. The gate controller doesn't broadcast long. With my other vehicles I press the gate controller several times and they eventually learn it. I've tried to do this with the Ford but the Car2U controller "gets bored" and the light goes off without learning. I've taken apart the gate controller and I don't see any dip switches like an old style garage door remote.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any suggestions? Per the manual the only way to do it was by calling the (800) number. That worked when the truck was new. But that number is now an unrelated hard-sell call center.

·
Super Moderator
25,179 Posts
If it's like programming for a garage door opener, you need to have access to the gate opener to press the learn button. Not sure they'll let you do that, but you can ask.
Link

1 - 5 of 5 Posts