The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The California Air Resource Board (CARB) sent me a letter offering me $5000 and a rental if I would let them use my 2016 F350 for 7-8 weeks.

The last time this happened to me they offered me $$ to use my Volkswagen Jetta TDI.

So I assume they want to do emissions testing and feel that somehow Ford cheated the results.

Lets hope they dont screw up our trucks somehow.

Terry

·
Registered
199 Posts
The California Air Resource Board (CARB) sent me a letter offering me $5000 and a rental if I would let them use my 2016 F350 for 7-8 weeks.

The last time this happened to me they offered me $$ to use my Volkswagen Jetta TDI.

So I assume they want to do emissions testing and feel that somehow Ford cheated the results.

Lets hope they dont screw up our trucks somehow.

Terry
There is no way I would let CARB touch my truck. if they wanted to give me a new truck in exchange for my truck we could talk but just to take it for testing I think not. CARB has enough money that they could just go out and buy a truck and test it themselves.

·
Premium Member
4,115 Posts
LOL....then they tag your VIN and your registration can never be renewed. But hey you got $5k....

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didnt respond. The first time, they wanted to test the TDI they ended up making Volkswagen buy back most of the TDIs. I dont want any part of CARB.
Terry

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
The scary thing is how many others will take the money and run......

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I think they believe Ford did something wrong like VW did and they are testing on the road to prove it.

I hope our trucks come out clean. CARB forced VW to buy back a bunch of TDIs and for VW to come up with Software fixes etc.

T

1 - 6 of 6 Posts