The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to turn up a 3054C DIT in a 420E backhoe?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I would think the only way to turn it up would be for the CAT dealer to plug their computer into it and turn it up.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may have to call my dealer and see if he can send someone out and put a tune in it... LOL

·
Registered
598 Posts
When you do call them, please post back here and let us know whether or not they're willing to do that. The reason I ask is that my understanding has been that in the case of stuff like earthmoving equipment, you generally don't want to do that because engine power is normally set to work within the limits of the hydraulics. I've been told that turning one up often just results in pressure relief valves opening more often, accomplishing nothing except the consumption of more fuel and the generation of extra heat in the hydraulics. I guess that isn't necessarily true in all cases though.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats true V8440,didnt think of it like that,probley just gonna leave it alone.

·
Registered
527 Posts
The 3054C engine uses a Delphi DP200 injection pump (pump and nozzle system) there is no way of electronically turning it up. Also dealers don't touch those pumps they just remove them/replace them or send them out beacuase they themselves don't do the adjustments. Really the most common power adjustment done is on 3116's in the older 953 and 963s where you can adjust timing and max fuel so the engine doesn't bogg so much when going against a pile.

(actually there are alot of power adjustments you can make on machine engines but not really on backhoes whats the point) I would say if you want more digging power adjust compensator and load sensing (signal pressure) on the pumps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do any of you guys have access to a shop manual for the 3054c engine? I bought a new injection pump and need some help re and reing it. Very framilliar with Cummins but Cats are a little difffrent.

·
Registered
1 Posts
have a Cat TH83 fork lift with Cat perkins 3054 Diesel , when revving over 1500 rpm it cuts out, what is the problem changed injectors,rebuilt injection pump. tried it all

·
Registered
1 Posts
have a Cat TH83 fork lift with Cat perkins 3054 Diesel , when revving over 1500 rpm it cuts out, what is the problem changed injectors,rebuilt injection pump. tried it all
Hey are there retaining rings on those injectors or just a pain to pull out?

·
Premium Member
3,993 Posts
Gary,
Nice looking Pup.
You may not get a response from the guys in this thread since its several years old.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts