The Diesel Stop banner

CCV Mod parts list.

10K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  garyt 
#1 ·
I just need the list of parts needed to do the basic ccv mod. I have lost the list I had and im gonna be doing it either tonight or tomm. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Here is a link to a thread. The list is part way down. Good luck

#3 ·
Just a quick one here...Don't mean to hijack.

What is everyone's view on venting to the atmosphere instead of a collection system? I am not too keen on dumping crap on the back roads where the deer and the antelope play.

Also, if using a repository, why does material of some type need to be placed in the unit. I see scrubbing pads, etc in them. Just wondering.

Thanks.

#4 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Just a quick one here...Don't mean to hijack.

What is everyone's view on venting to the atmosphere instead of a collection system? I am not too keen on dumping crap on the back roads where the deer and the antelope play.

Also, if using a repository, why does material of some type need to be placed in the unit. I see scrubbing pads, etc in them. Just wondering.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO the best setup is to vent it into the exhaust.

#5 ·
I just want to vent into the air so if I read that post right, then all I will need would be...

4" pvc or alum. pipe
some 3/4 heater hose
hose clamps
and a fitting or elbow to connect the hoses

Is that all the materials I would need? Also if you place a piece of pipe where the tube that it vents into now would be, how do you stabalize it or attach it so that it doesn't flop around? Or are people just letting it bounce around?. thanks for the info

#6 ·
I did what you were just metioning using a 4 inch piece of stainless and it seem to be good and sturdy. Use a good 3/4 line that wont collapse. I used clear line from lowes that had braiding in it.

#7 ·
Most of the mods are having you turn the doghouse around so that the CC vents towards the cab side of the engine and not to the front. It gives you more clearance to run your hose down.
I went with the canister type and rerouted the air back into the crank case. I bought the kit from NChornet here on this site.

#8 ·
If anybody else has posted pictures of their CCV mod please send me the link so I can update the CCV links post(or make a new one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif)

#9 ·
On mine, I flopped the doghouse around, routed the hose up and over the brake master cylinder then down to the frame rail and all the way back to where it dumps just behind the bumper. I had to get new O-rings to replace the stock ones between the CCV breather doghouse and the valve cover, since mine were all stretched and such from the oil/heat, and there was no way to make them fit back in place. I just got some plain ones at Ace hardware that fit well.

A few pics can be seen here, on the second page:
http://community.webshots.com/album/550023161EhGKoH

#10 ·
BLACKCLOUD,

Here is some info on my CCV mod
Click on CCV link in my signature for pictures

garyT

I make up my CCV from ABS pipe. It is appox. 3 1/2" outer diameter and 6" long. It is filled with stainless and nylon mesh has a drain petcock and is mounted under the driver's floorboard

CCV MOD INSTRUCTIONS

1:Remove top of air cleaner, rubber intake hose and the solid piece that the OEM CCV goes into (if you can remove the rubber elbow then leave the piece on).

2:Remove the CCV breather on the top of the driver’s side rocker cover.
Be careful, there are “O” rings under it. Clean it up, put some grease on the “O” rings to hold them in place, turn it 180 degrees so the outlet points to the rear and replace it.

3:Mount the new CCV bracket under the driver’s side floor about 14’’ from the fender well directly in back of the tire. This puts it to the left of the frame near the body mount. There is a lot of room here, hold the whole unit up to get an idea of placement and mark some holes.

4:un a ¾’ heater hose from the breather outlet OVER THE BRAKE BOOSTER (this is important!!) down to the bottom fitting on the can. You may need to use an elbow where it comes out of the breather on top of the engine. It is important to run the hose up and over the booster as this lets the heavy oil vapors coming out of the breather to condense and run back into the engine.

5:Run another length of hose from the top outlet of the new CCV back to the original piece on the intake.
If you don’t want to do that you can fabricate an inlet into the air cleaner box somewhere. Home Depot has lots of plastic fittings you can fool around with, some electrical conduit fittings will work also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.