The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Want to R&R my CDR Valve, tube assembly, etc on my '94 IDI factory turbo.

No IH dealer nearby, talked to Ford guy, who understood the IDI Turbo thing.

Now I am confused about part numbers...

P/N's he told me:
"6A665 for CDR Valve" $66
"6A664 for tube assy" $50
"cant get grommet anymore"

P/N's i've found:
E8TZ-6A892-A "tube & grommet assy"
E3TZ-6A892-A "valley pan/valve cover grommet"

Can someone help me? I think I just need 2 or 3 ford part numbers: the valve, the tube assy, and maybe the grommet.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
me too... I think I need to replace or clean mine up... seems to be leaking all over the valve cover... I notcied this last week when I was at dads.. (he is borrowning the truck for the winter)

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
Check these #s out.........

CDR valve..
Ford calls this item a "Adapter assembly for Crankcase Ventilation" Part number E3TZ-6A665-A or IH part #1805319C1
E3TZ-6A665-A ADAPTOR $66.32$ $47.71

Crankcase Depression Regulator ... The seal "donut" does not come with the CDR. The ford Part Number for the CDR Seal is E3TZ-6A892-A. ...

E3TZ-6A892-A GASKET - REGULATING $3.47$ $2.49

I do not have my files with me, so the tube info is the same as the PSD if anyone can get it. The above info prices are from Titus Will ford online dealer.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i'm thinking the 6A664 he told me is correct for the tube. 50 bucks, wow...

thanks alot, i appreciate it.

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
I think I paid $60+ for the tube......

·
Registered
844 Posts
jim are you moving again????

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sunday morning in North Platte, NE

jim are you moving again????
Hi Russ,

Yeah I am back on the road again .....
Sunday morning here in North Platte, NE
I will try to make Des Moines, IA by this evening

When you get a chance, PM me a price on rebuilding my ZF transmission ......

Thanks Russ :thumbsup:

Jim

·
Registered
45 Posts
CDR Removal

Hey guys I am trying to r&r the CDR on my non-turbo 7.3 and am having a little trouble. Is there are trick to getting it loose from the manifold? I have removed the the two bolts and tried to just pull it out but it doesn't want to budge. Is there something else holding it in the manifold I hate to tear something up by just muscling it out.

Thanks for your help!!
Pete

·
Registered
94 Posts
i had to kinda push mine back and pull it up. Jus wiggle it around and it should come out.

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
The part into the VP has rings which hold it in.........you chould be able to remove the CDR valve from it if the clamp at the CDR end is removed.......

·
Registered
45 Posts
Oh, got ya. Thanks Plywood.

Now to figure out how to get those rings off easily. I can see something that looks like a clamp. But of course laying across the motor really gives me no leverage to be able to do much. Working on swapping out the GP's right now so I'll revisit the CDR after that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ATS CDR tube Needed

Hello, I need the ATS tube that connects from the valve cover to the CDR. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Dennis

1 - 17 of 17 Posts