The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 94 f350 that has full force stage 1 injectors and a hydra with the tunes that full force provided for their injectors. When I have the hydra on the stock setting, I never get a CEL but also don’t get to take advantage of the extra power. I have has the same tuner and injectors in the truck for about 2 years now and have had this problem the entire time. I installed them together.
When I try to use any setting other than stock I usually get a check engine light. I have not been able to get any stored codes and turning it off and back on makes the CEL go off. While it is on, the engine sounds funny at an idle. It cackles, if that makes sense. It also seems like the throttle pedal has a delay, and is very sensitive. At speed you don’t notice much of a difference in the way it runs. There have been occasions where I can drive it for hours with the chip on before getting a CEL. Other times it is less than a minute.

I am guessing that I may have another component on the motor that it wore out and can’t keep up with the larger injectors and the chip, but I have no idea where to start troubleshoot.

It also has a new fuel pump and a reman hpop that have been on the truck prior to the injector change. Any ideas would be appreciated

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
What are you using to try and pull codes? Have you been successful using it on this truck before? Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts