The Diesel Stop banner

Centrifuge/Pump Questions

6K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  Super10brss 
Is this the centrifuge you got? - x 1000 GPH WVO CENTRIFUGE / WMO CENTRIFUGE

That one does not have a motor and is pressure driven. If yours does have a motor, then Jeffrey is dead on - you can feed it as slow as you want up to the maximum rated flow rate with no ill effect.

The pressure driven pumps (like I have) achieve their RPM (and thus the G-Force) incremental to the pressure achieved. I run mine at 95 psi - unheated W85. I won't heat after I've mixed because it vaporizes my expensive component (RUG) and why would I want to do that?

The direct drive pumps achieve their RPM independent of what's going through them - you could do like Jeffrey said and just gravity feed, or get a variable speed motor on a gear pump so you could optimize your flow rate.

Could you post a link to the exact centrifuge you got?

That pump does not have a motor in it - it is pressure driven. It is also not a single pass setup - just a giant version of what I have. What RPM is your motor? One downside of having such an oversized motor is the wasted electricity - you're going to be running this thing for hours per batch. You also have to figure out a clean mount and good connection between the motor and pump. You don't need a pressure relief valve in the pump itself, because you're going to be building that into the system. Lots of trips to Home Depot...

A lot of the pool filters use that type of clamp - here is one example:

Valve Band Clamp w/Knob+Nut

You would almost have to go into a well stocked pool supply with your measurements.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.