The Diesel Stop banner

Centrifuge/Pump Questions

6K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  Super10brss 
I dont agree with Jeff on that one....

TO properly centerfuge your oil you need to do MULTI-PASS centerfuging....it is not practical to multi-pass the oil with a an air compressor tank.

My Centerfuge is a (D.C.) OC-20.......... Which flows about 1 gallon a minute with oil at 140* or hotter, and feed at 85psi. I have a 1/2 HP 3600 Rpm motor and I beleive a 2.1 GPM carbonator cast-iron pump. the pump is throttled back via a bypass or waste valve....I bought the pump and motor oversized, in case I wante to upgrade to the OC-50 centrafuge.....Which I might want to.....

If you bought a 16gpm centrafuge, I think you went overkill.....

I process about 35 gallons at a time, and I centrafuge for about 12 hours or better....that should mean the oil goes thru the fuge about 10 or more times.....

With that said, I have processed about 350 gallons of oil so far with my "refinery".......My next test is to blend before centrafuging, and settle for a week.....then centrafuge it cold.....to see if this method takes less time to polish up the oil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.