The Diesel Stop banner

Centrifuge/Pump Questions

6K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  Super10brss 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a centrifuge on Ebay. I got it cheap, not realizing how large it is. Its a COH I-1000. The Pabiodiesel site says it is capable of 16 GPM (1000 GPH). What pump and motor size would I need? Do I have to run it at full capacity to get the full cleaning benefit? I've been looking at an Oberdorfer 7000BR pedestal pump, an older version of this pump :http://www.oberdorfer-pumps.com/Spec_sheets/N7000lr.pdf. Will this pump work? What would the minimum motor size I could use? This forum has been a wealth of info for me. I have an almost unlimited supply of used oil from a large trucking company, so I'm on board for the long haul with W85.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
x 1000 GPH WVO CENTRIFUGE / WMO CENTRIFUGE. This is the centrifuge I have. I am going to be processing around 50+ gallons a week at first. I plan on switching an oil furnace I have over to WMO for my garage. I know that this centrifuge is overkill, but I thought I would take a chance for the price.(Ebay <$300.00)

I have access to many parts, heaters, motors, etc. wholesale (and free) at work. I actually have a single phase 5hp motor that I could use on the pump I mentioned in my first post, that is also from Ebay for $100.00. I hope to use it to transfer the oil from the underground tanks to my barrels/totes also. I'm going to call PABiodiesel tomorrow and talk to them, but usually if you're not buying, vendors are not that informative.

Thanks for the feedback.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
The motor is a 1740 RPM. I plan on using Lovejoy connectors or jackshafts and pulleys. If I moving 16gph, then I would turn the oil over approximately 20 time per hour using a 55g drum. The plus side being, I could use the pump to get the oil from the tanks.I will be using a band heater for the drum.

I do plan on buying some parts from PA Biodiesel. If you notice on the I1000, it has a band clamp that holds it together at the bottom. Does anyone have any ideas for something that will work. I e-mailed PABio and it costs $250.00. The nut on top holds it together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.