The Diesel Stop banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
How much oil did you run to produce this sludge Snowman?
TT;

I run a Simple centrifuge and I can get three or four scrapings from a good sized (silicone) spatula of black tar-crud AFTER I have (added gas) settled, up-flowed, and whole-house style cannister filtered to 15 microns. This is from a single batch of 55 gallons (or slightly less) that is heated to 120 F (or so). As usual, other's results may vary ..

How much oil did you run to produce this sludge Snowman?
This is when I visited F250Truckin, and when he returns from fishing he'll remember how much he passed through to accumulate whats in the pictures.

TT;

I run a Simple centrifuge and I can get three or four scrapings from a good sized (silicone) spatula of black tar-crud AFTER I have (added gas) settled, up-flowed, and whole-house style cannister filtered to 15 microns. This is from a single batch of 55 gallons (or slightly less) that is heated to 120 F (or so). As usual, other's results may vary ..
Would you share some pictures? I'm close to starting my project and am interested in seeing as much as possible to save on trial & ERRORS.

This is when I visited F250Truckin, and when he returns from fishing he'll remember how much he passed through to accumulate whats in the pictures.

Would you share some pictures? I'm close to starting my project and am interested in seeing as much as possible to save on trial & ERRORS.
If you click on the <pictures> in my signature, you will see some pics of my setup. These are a little older than the present setup, but I would be happy to answer any questions. Good luck, as always.

My suggestion would be to sell the pressure driven centrifuge and buy a real centrifuge like the WVO designs Raw power (or some of the others out there)... I started out with a dieselcraft 20 and fought pumps.. clogged fuel filters... freakin spills when stuff went wrong... and like mentioned before... you need a big 1 hp pump or a expensive pump to run the centrifuge you have... Then you have to make multiple passes so your clean "fuel" is mixing with the dirty constantly.

If you plan to do this for the long haul... buy a centrifuge you can gravity feed that has its own motor... the results will be much better.

$300 for centrifuge.. another $600 (if your lucky) for the pump... another couple hundred you have your WVO (or which ever bowl style centrifuge.

My Raw Power has paid for it's self several times over... Good luck :thumbsup:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.