The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, on my 2002 F350 automatic with separate front seats and centre consul I am hoping to change to a manual floor shift for the transfer case. Looking at the centre consul I am not sure ifThere is room – has anybody done this. Thanks in advance.

· Administrator
25,086 Posts
I believe you'd have to swap the t-case unless you cobble up some sort of shift linkage that will rotate the shift shaft like the motor does. The stock manual floor shift sits to the side of the transmission hump, so may clear your console. If you're really desperate, I could measure the location of my t-case shifter from the door post, and maybe attach a picture.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks klhansen. A picture and a measurement would be super helpful and save a two hour round-trip to the wrecking yard where they have a manual shift F350. I am under the impression that all bodies, manual or auto shift, were made with the hole for the manual shift and that once I obtain the manual linkage it should bolt on in place of the motor. I hope it’s possible as I have two trucks where the ESOF stopped working and I’m crawling under with a wrench to get in and out of 4X4.
I wrote this yesterday and somehow failed to make it post.

· Administrator
25,086 Posts
Here's a couple pics. Note that there's a depression in the tranny hump for the boot that may not be there on Auto tranny trucks. I don't think there are holes for the shifters on most trucks. They were probably cut on the assembly line for the ones that got manual trannies and manual t-cases. I hooked the tape where the door weatherstrip mounts. ~29-1/2 inches to the inboard edge of the shift boot bezel. Hope that helps.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Tread Synthetic rubber
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

1 - 5 of 5 Posts