The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so Ive changed the fuel filter on this truck 6-7 times and this is the first time Ive had a problem. After changing the filters (with the Ford supplied parts) I noticed noises during priming the pump. Fired it up ran five seconds then shut down, tried to re fire and it wouldn't even try to fire. Pulled the filter and dipped the o ring again and replaced, primed 6 times and.... Same thing happened again. Im getting a P0403 and a P2455 code. Im at a loss here, any help would be appreciated. :frown2:

·
Registered
2,501 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fixed the Fuel filter problem. Now I have a miss fire on cylinder 6's injector. Has anyone tried the HotShot stiction eliminator? Im usually not a fan of throwing additives towards a problem but thinking of making an exception on this one.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Fixed the Fuel filter problem. Now I have a miss fire on cylinder 6's injector. Has anyone tried the HotShot stiction eliminator? Im usually not a fan of throwing additives towards a problem but thinking of making an exception on this one.
Fixed it how?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately I had multiple problems at one time that I was trying to resolve. I usually dip my O ring in diesel as a lubricant, for some reason that wasn't going to work this time. I ended up pulling it three times before I decided to use some petroleum jelly and it worked. I also wanted to reset the Transmission and power level while I was in the proses of changing my filter. I ended up activating the disconnected DPF which was disabling the truck. Lesson learned, trying to be efficient can sometimes lead to more confusion

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I would not throw additives at it. The 6.7s do not have sticking issues like the 6.0 had. These are not Oil fired injectors.. if you are under your 5yr/100k warranty, take it to Ford and let them deal with it under warranty.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Could the jelly jammed the injectors? or something in the line? I lube my oring and threads with 80-90 weight oil. Goes up nice...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately Im a little past Warranty (146000 Miles):grin2: and I just recently replaced the turbo ($ ouch). I constantly run conditioner to help the fuel system but Ive only owned it since it hit 100K. It feels like its not atomizing well and intern makes it shutter at low RPM at speed. I was hoping for maybe a fuel cleaner or something to help it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Conditioner? Can you be more specific? Cetane booster, lubricity, cleaner?
You might try Archoil AR6200 as it cleans, adds lubricity and helps atomize the fuel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts