The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all this horsepower talk why has no one changed the camshaft in a 6.0. Does no one make one, you would think you could get a cam made for less than some of the boxes. Just a thought /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Camshafts are not as important when you are using a turbocharger. With the 6.0's 4 valve head getting air in and exhaust out are not a problem. I suspect changing a camshaft in one of these engines would cost more in labour than a chip and would definatly void warrantys.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
A cam swap would only be viable if you pulled the engine and were searching for every little bit of hp. There are many other areas that have yet to be used that are easier than a cam. The cam comes out the rear of the engine.

Tadd

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did'nt realize that the cam needed to come out the back of motor talk about major pain. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

·
Registered
776 Posts
just cut the firewall /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
996 Posts
so do i need to make my hole behind the radio or cigarette lighter??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

·
Registered
646 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
so do i need to make my hole behind the radio or cigarette lighter??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Iwould say just under the radio and to the left a little. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
776 Posts
hahah im not resposible for your damages if yall choose to go this way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts