The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jason, how can a person go about changing their user name. This is a great web site, keep up the good work and see you at the upcoming Great Northwest Rally.

------------------
Diesel Smoke & Taillights Forever !

F-350 PSD,XLT,CC,6sp,4x4,Dually,4inch Pro Comp Lift,LS,Trailer Pkg,Camper Pkg,Off Road Pkg,Red CC. BD Exhaust Brake,Titan V 2.5 inch reciever, and remote start.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
You would have to reregister to get a new username. The Forum Software is not capable of allowing username changes.

SP

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Hi Kevin and Shawn,

If Kevin changes his nick name doesen't he need to send Jason a email of his old one so he can take it out of the registery to keep it straight? I think I read that somewhere before. Oh well my memery is getting worse and I don't think it is all age (CRS) Big time
:F

s to yu'all,

Ed

------------------
Early 99-F250SC-PSD-LAR- other goodies.
NRA&TX.ST.RIFLE ASSC.-LIFER-NRA/ILA AND MEMBER-GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA MEMBER-I DO VOTE!

[This message has been edited by H ED S (edited 05-10-2000).]

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Closing the old account would be a good thing, yes

SP

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Up to Jason.

Since it is relatively low, I doubt it.

Jason is cooking up a whole bunch of new stuff for the site as well as having a new truck to play with. He has no free time

SP

·
Registered
819 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tim_wants_a_Silverado:
What about keeping your old post count? Does he get to keep it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jason,

What's the verdict on changing usernames and retaining the old post count? If count retention is a 'can do', I'd be interested in changing mine.

------------------
Richard

99.5 F350 4X4 6 speed CC SRW 3.73LS LWB XLT Build date 3/1/99. Lt Prarie Tan, Pace Edwards Roll top tonneau cover. US Gear D-Celerator exhaust brake. K&N Air Filter. Tow a 31' 5th wheel RV (12,750 GVWR). http://hometown.aol.com/rhale3/myhomepage/index.html

·
Registered
523 Posts
Being new and not computer literate, I would also like to re- register with other info, but am told this address is occupied. Could you delete me and I'll start over? Thank You

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rick Thielmann:
I would also like to re- register with other info, but am told this address is occupied. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, some guy has already claimed the Rick Thielmann username.

If you want to keep the same name but just change some of the stuff you submitted when you registered, you can do that easily. Just scroll up to the top of this screen [above the first message in this topic] and you will see several tiny underlined words below the "Post New Topic" icon. One of those tiny words is "Profile". If you click on Profile, you can then change your personal data, including your signature.

[This message has been edited by SmokeyWren (edited 07-08-2000).]

·
Registered
819 Posts
Jason,

I noticed on the iRV2.com forum that the User Name can be changed, preserving the post count and history. I was wondering, since both BB Forums use the same format if ford-diesel.com has the same capability?

Copied and pasted from iRV2.com:

<<Now You Can Change Your User Name!

Posted Monday, July 17, 2000 by warpath

I have just added a link "change username" to the left, which allows you to change your user name. You will also be able to keep your post count and history. If you have any problems or questions email me [email protected]>>

Richard

------------------
99.5 F350 4X4 6 speed CC SRW

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Richard, the ability to change names at IRV2.Com is via a software patch. While it's possible that Jason could indeed apply this patch, the more patches that are applied for various system "tweaks", the more potential for instability exists within the system. Also, every time that Jason would upgrade the system with official UBB updates, he would have to reapply each and every patch. I think Jason wants to keep the system as stable as possible and not apply patches just to be adding bells and whistles...

Steve.

------------------
Why do they report power outages on TV?
'99.5 F350 CC DRW LWB Lariat, APCM, Triple Gauge Pillar, Transfer Flow 50g Aux Tank, Pullrite 25.5K, Turbo Temp Monitor, Stull Grille. Click here to check out my PSD pictures!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts