The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Like I said Box stores are not likely to read our trucks. It will still be stored if it shows up again and you take it to a real scanner. Maybe you and I have the two out of hundreds of thousands made that only flash a CEL and loose power for a time or two and never do it again.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
It helps if you have your town in your signature. If you were near Longmont, CO then I would let you use my AE to read codes.

But the good thing is there does not appear to be an urgency if its running good.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It helps if you have your town in your signature. If you were near Longmont, CO then I would let you use my AE to read codes.

But the good thing is there does not appear to be an urgency if its running good.
That's nice of you. Thanks.

I added my town to the signature. I'll wait and see what happens I suppose. If it does it again, I'll find a good shop around here and have them plug into it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This may not apply at all, but here is my story of 7.3 going limp. About once a month it would go limp while going up the road. Ran fine the rest of the time. It seemed to always be going uphill. While looking under the hood, I spotted something that didn't look right. There was a nut and spacer laying in the valley behind the hpop. It had come off the IPR. I won't believe that it is fixed yet, but what would happen if it was sliding back when going up hills?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
This may not apply at all, but here is my story of 7.3 going limp. About once a month it would go limp while going up the road. Ran fine the rest of the time. It seemed to always be going uphill. While looking under the hood, I spotted something that didn't look right. There was a nut and spacer laying in the valley behind the hpop. It had come off the IPR. I won't believe that it is fixed yet, but what would happen if it was sliding back when going up hills?

This scenario will cause a lack of power and depending on how heavy a driver accelerates it can cause a wicked up and down surge in RPM. The coil moving on the IPR affects it's operation. Typically this will cause frequent drivabilty concerns and likely set ICP codes like P1211 and P1212

21 - 25 of 25 Posts