The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Ford F350 Super Duty Lariat Edition 7.3L diesel
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I have a hopefully an easy question is their a certain way I should reset my check engine light I’m not showing any codes that includes the ford oem codes when I send a reset request to the computer the check engine light turns off until I put it in gear and move I’ve checked and double checked all my work and theirs nothing I can find wrong and no codes are showing so *** won’t this annoying light go away any ideas would be great fully appreciated thanks

·
Premium Member
14,979 Posts
What are you reading the codes with? Has to be something that can read PowerStroke 7.3 codes. Generic code reader won’t cut it. If the light is on, there is a code. Given how fast it comes back, it’s a hard fault.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was using the autel max to check codes and I also have a blue driver that sends live data to my devices

·
Registered
617 Posts
That device probably won't read codes properly. You could disconnect the battery to reset, but will most likely come back.

·
Premium Member
14,979 Posts
Will your adapter work with FORScan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will look into it today my apologies for the late response I’ve had some family stuff to deal with. So I took two video clips last night of how my truck sounds (like ****) tell me what U guys think post will be below

1 - 7 of 7 Posts