The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happens every time I wind the thing up a little, only started a week or so ago, no clue why, I haven't noticed anything abnormal in it running.

the light turns off when you turn the ignition off and doesn't turn on again until I get into the throttle again.

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
368 Posts
mine does it to on occasion.....over boosting maybe?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no idea (Don't have gauges yet.), did come with a non-standard turbo though.

·
Super Moderator
26,333 Posts
The only reliable way to tell what's going on is to get it scanned for codes. If your check engine light came on, there WILL be a code stored.

Otherwise, everyone is just guessing, which isn't very productive.

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
I would be willing to bet you have a stored 1211 code. First of all you shouldn't be running any performace chips or modules without full gauges, enough preaching. The 1211 code is nothing to worry about all trucks with a decent chip or tuner will set it after about 7 sec of WOT. It is the injectors calling for mor oil than the HPOP can put out. Good Luck.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Noticed today that It Only does it when the AC is on.

also i've picked up an electrical glitch that causes the door ajar light & chime to go off when I roll the windows all the way up or down.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[ QUOTE ]
I would be willing to bet you have a stored 1211 code. First of all you shouldn't be running any performace chips or modules without full gauges.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't afford Gauges yet (broke as broke gets atm) besides, the Module I'm running only improves fuel economy without effecting the performance.

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
Sounds like you need to go looking for loose or chaffed wires, check all connections, look for burnt terminals, this will take some time and you really need to get the codes read.

·
Registered
931 Posts
My money says its has something to do with the Dr. perfomance thing you have. I had a similar module and it threw all kinds of codes before I finally pulled it for good and no more codes. I have since went with another chip that is much better.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[ QUOTE ]
My money says its has something to do with the Dr. perfomance thing you have. I had a similar module and it threw all kinds of codes before I finally pulled it for good and no more codes. I have since went with another chip that is much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

never threw any codes before.

will try to drop by autozone & get it scanned but the check engine light goes off when you turn off the ignition and turn it back on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

·
Registered
922 Posts
AutoZone code readers (usually) can't read all the codes on our diesels...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok how about shucks?

·
Registered
573 Posts

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
Should be easy to unplug the module and see if the codes go away!! Then trash it, get some gauges and call Jody!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Happens every time I wind the thing up a little, only started a week or so ago, no clue why, I haven't noticed anything abnormal in it running.

the light turns off when you turn the ignition off and doesn't turn on again until I get into the throttle again.

Any Ideas?
I have the same problem with my 2002 7.3 and it did this before and after the tuner but it doesn’t store the code because I tried reading it and it doesn’t work, did you find out the issue?

·
Premium Member
15,031 Posts
If a light comes on, the code is stored. If you can’t read it, it’s because your scanner isn’t PSD compatible. AutoEnginuity with Ford enhancement or ForScan are two that will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1999f-250superduty

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2000 7.3 i just replaced injectors (still stock) and put a 4in straight pipe exhaust on. Did oil change new filter new fuel filter. Truck seems to run just fine. But when im driving and i press on the gas the check engine light comes on. As soon as i let off the pedal even just a little bit. It goes off. Every now and then it comes on while idling but goes off if i give it a little gas and let off. Anyideas?

·
Super Moderator
26,333 Posts
I have a 2000 7.3 i just replaced injectors (still stock) and put a 4in straight pipe exhaust on. Did oil change new filter new fuel filter. Truck seems to run just fine. But when im driving and i press on the gas the check engine light comes on. As soon as i let off the pedal even just a little bit. It goes off. Every now and then it comes on while idling but goes off if i give it a little gas and let off. Anyideas?
Just like the original poster was told, if the check engine light comes on, there will be a code stored. Get it scanned, and the code will tell you what system to look at. Without a code, it's just a guess.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts