The Diesel Stop banner

CHIP PROBLEM.

979 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  nastynotchback1 
#1 ·
99 f-250 4wd.it was having a problem with it cutting off and not cranking back up and then just not cranking up sometimes.changed the cps and it still done it.i told him to remove the chip and try it.well he forgot to unplug the batteries and remebered about half pull on the chip.he then shoved it back in and then the truck went haywire.4wd would not work,engine light on,wouln't rev past 2000(free rev) and blowing out smoke.he called me so i went out an properly removed the chip.it runs fine now so do you hink the chip is toast or would you try to reinstall it and test it?thanks

Discussion starter · #6 ·
[ QUOTE ]
What type of chip is it? If it is a 6 position TS, DI, DP or diesel site chip, he could be having volatge problems. Get hime to clean his battery terminals with a file, he may be trying to start the truck whilst his glow plugs and heaters are still working giving him a voltage drop, which the 6 posi chips really don't like.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

its just a single stage chip.it looks like a super chip gold but it has a sticker on it with a company name. cant remember the name but the company is in texas.it was four letters starting with an M.can jody reprogram this chip if it is not hurt or does it have to go back to the original programmer?can he reprogram super chips gold?(thats what i have)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.