The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Got a Early 99 F350 and would like to boost the power a bit. I pull a 10,000 pound camper a lot and truck does ok but struggles for power at hills, etc. Thought about the TS chip. Anyone have any experience with these? Anything to be careful about?

·
Premium Member
14,666 Posts
The TS chip is a platform- what matters most is who writes the program. A lot of the guys swear by Tony Wildman or PHP. I like my DP Tuner which runs on a different platform. Any of these will get you where you want to be- more efficient and more power.

With any chip, you need gauges to monitor EGTs. Boost and tranny temps are nice as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Haha, im one of those that swear by ts with good tunes. Ive run both dp and ts. My experience with dp was not that great.

Tunes from php, tw, beans/no limit, swamps, gearhead, powerstruck, etc are all great imo.

Dp has made many just as happy.

With a chip you want guages if you done already have them. The only concern is to watch your exhaust temps.

There is a plethora of info about this topic all over the various forums. I believe php is the best bang for your buck but there are no wrong decisions.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
If you're going to buy gauges, you can also get a 4 gauge pillar pod and use the bottome gauge pod to house a selector switch for your chip. We have quite a few customers that ask for a 3 gauge kit (pyro, boost, trans) with a 4-gauge pillar. Just something to consider if you're going that route.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I've just had a PHP Hydra chip installed by Jay over at PHP, and WOW!!! What a different truck, I was going to go with DP but it came down too customer service and the best bang for my buck. Justin at DP and Jody where great about answering my e-mails and phone calls, and then Jay at PHP called me and we talked he answered all my questions and the Hydra was the best choice for me, and I could not be happier. But get some gauges first, i went with the kit from Diesel Manor:thup: excellent product, and awesome directions, and got the ISSPRO EGT and Trans gauge's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts