The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A true new b Bought my first diesel today. It what i believe to be bully dog # 41617 and that's by going to the web site and seeing it has the same knob as mine. It is a 6 position chip. Does anybody know the sequence as the knob turn from L to R. It has been hard wired in. It has 3 horsepower settings, high idle for cold start, 70mpg limiter and stock. I get increase idle on position 3,4,5 the other 3 don't know. Help please. Previous owner doesn't know either. Thanks Mike

·
Premium Member
8,603 Posts
There is no way short of having it reburnt to know. Whoever programed it could pick any sequence that the original owner wanted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
chip positions

There is no way short of having it reburnt to know. Whoever programed it could pick any sequence that the original owner wanted.
That's what I figured.how do I reburnt it. I though about buying a new one but I'm afraid to take the old one out cause it is hard wired might screw something up. I'm new at this but i can tell you what it does. Turning from left to right 1st notch nothing, 2nd nothing,3rd a little increase in idle assuming +50 4th +75 5th +100 6th nothing. I haven't tried going over 70 mph for trying to find limiter mode. I has no gauges so I don't think I won't to try 3,4,and 5. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chip

how about cutting wires off on back of knob will that but it back to stock. then a new one and plug in. would it have any affect on hard wired wires? Heck I don't know, where would you take it? Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,603 Posts
It shouldn't be hardwired into the PCM but just plugged into it. To remove it make sure that your keys are out of the truck and if you want to be even safer disconnect both batteries, then just unplug it. You may have to pull the PCM out a little to get to it.

For reprogramming it I would get in touch with Bullydog

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chip

It shouldn't be hardwired into the PCM but just plugged into it. To remove it make sure that your keys are out of the truck and if you want to be even safer disconnect both batteries, then just unplug it. You may have to pull the PCM out a little to get to it.

For reprogramming it I would get in touch with Bullydog
It's hard wired,as far as the eye can see. Thanks for your input, much appreciated. Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chip positions

ok this is what i have found out the 6 positions from left to right #1 is stock #2 is 50 3 is 75 4 is 100 5 is valet and 6 is high speed idle. If you were going to pull a 11,000lb 5th wheel what position would you tow from. Or the sequence you would use to get top end speed. Thanks Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts