The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

I just bought a 96 F350 CC Dually with 200k miles on it. It's a crank, no start, no smoke situation.

Bought it from a guy who has thrown $3500 at the truck in the shop, still does not run. New HPOP, IPR, fuel pump, 5 "new" injectors(yet to be verified), new vcg, and various other new parts.

After doing some extensive testing and repairing some very shoddy mechanic work, I've pulled the valve covers to start testing injectors. (currently it has no oil pressure and makes weird tapping sounds while cranking) Upon removal, I've found that 5 of 8 injector coils are chipped. As if they've been hit hard by something or become very brittle. The chips are even still inside the head.

Has anyone ever encountered that? I've had a lot of these trucks but this is a new development for me. Any thoughts as to why they'd be chipped or what is causing it?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,586 Posts
Possibly someone used a regular hammer to install them instead of a rubber mallet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. They didn't have a clue. Also tried to pry them out. Which just resulted in more chipping. They did a whole lot of work only for us to replace the LPOP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts