The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 F250 with the exact wheels shown here. One was damaged so I bought a used replacement online that isn’t as good in person as I expected. It came from FL and I suspect that the salt air attacked the finish.

I’m trying to determine if the wheel is clearcoated or not? On the link I attached, that company lists the finish as “polished” while other wheels on their website say “clearcoated”. This makes me wonder if my original wheels came from Ford without clearcoat?

Does anybody know for sure? I’ve looked all over my wheel and can’t see any evidence of a clearcoat, unlike other OEM wheels where it is plainly obvious when they get a few years on them.

Bottom line, can I simply polish this wheel or does it have a clearcoat that I need to strip?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
542 Posts
They come with a clkear coat finish so they always look nice. Chrome wheels need a lot of work to keep them shiny so they put a clear coat finish to keep them looking sweet. Why not sent it out to a wheel repair shop? They will do a much better job than you can in your garage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the update! I found a shop outside of Dallas that does it. I’ll check with them on Monday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts