The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reading my Scheduled Maintenance book

So where is this filter located?

PS. Just changed both fuel filters went well, little time getting two top clips of the the top filter ,the clip was on the bottom of the left hose . After that easy, even for a newbe
Thanks inadvance

·
Registered
212 Posts
I don't believe we have filters for the seat. If you do they are under the seat in a black plastic thingy. i have a 15 and I don't have them

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
It used to be a filter - now it is just a cap with large holes. If you get a service part for an older truck it may not look the same depending on how old the part in stock was. Or how old your truck is for that matter.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot to ask from my last post. When I changed the fuel filters. Was I drain a small amount of fuel from the fuel/water separator by the rear of the tank? Let sit over night to see what?

Hope I didnot mess up

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,932 Posts
RGVAL,
Can you ask your question a different way ?

Can you try Google Translate?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
I think he is asking if he should have taken a sample of fuel from the filter housing drain and let it sit overnight to see if water was present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you RT for translating my poorly worded question. You car read "Dumb" So is there an answer? And how often?
Thanks again

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
It’s not mandatory, but considering how delicate the HPFP is with regards to water, a lot of people sample every time and keep a log just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts