The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an International Diesel truck, 2008 model CF600, which has recently had the motor replaced with a rebuild. It has run fine for a few months, but recently it has been acting up.
The truck starts easily and runs fine at highway speeds, however it has problems accelerating. When the pedal is depressed from a stop, the truck will hardly move, and as it starts to pick up speed it emits clouds of blue smoke. Eventually as it reaches higher speeds the smoke clears and it starts to accelerate quickly up to highway speeds.

The injectors have been changed, and also the fuel and air filters. The fuel pump has been checked, and it is fine.

We are at a loss for this problem...anyone come across something like this?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
get few tools out, remove the turbo outlet pipe and inspect the interior of the pipe. You are looking for oil residue AND the condition of the compressor fins on the turbo. Next remove the outlet pipe on the turbo. Again you are looking for oil residue and condition of the turbine fins on the turbo.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
do you have a way to short the cylinders during a test drive? driving up a hill with the smoking engine then shorting out a cyl will tell if it 1 cylinder or several.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
who rebuilt the engine? Warranty???

·
Registered
65 Posts
the 4.5L V6 is known for injector problems sir. You could still have a injector that failed. Also i would check condition of fuel, i also have replaced a lot of the fuel tanks on those models, due to them rusting internally, which would upset entire fuel system constantly. Really need to hook a computer up to this though after that, and check fuel pressure to injectors. But also like gone fishen said... if it was just rebuilt i wouldnt be touching anything, because you can actually void your own warranty messing around with it. Is a good idea to take back for warranty repairs first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts