The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys. I got a 04 f350 6.0. Idle seems good to me. In park I rev to 1500-2000 rpm and it's missing really bad. Driving down the road it surges also. It shakes the whole truck back and forth I got a scanner and the reoccurring code was the po269. Cylinder 3 contribution. Does this sound like and injector to you guys? I'm almost positive it is but I just want other opinions. Also it doesn't smoke at all or anything like that. Has somewhat of a long cranking time. 3-5 seconds. Thanks for the help in advance!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does it tend to smooth out as it warms up?

I had cylinder 6 cont/balance code, and it was a bad injector on mine. You could also check the FICM voltage.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I'm new to these trucks. But I got the valve cover off and it supposed to have torx screws holding the oil rail on. Well it has like 8 or 10 mm screws instead

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just an update. The injector is in. At first she didn't want to fire up. Then when it did it idled horrible. I'm guessing air or something in the system? Well after a few minutes it smoothed out and it's all good to go now. Thanks for the help everyone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts