The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm relocating to the Chicago area in the next month or so and wanted to make sure my truck was as cold weather abled as possible. I just had the bulletproofing done, and had a new block heater cord installed. I don't know if the car will be garaged overnight or not as I haven't yet found a place to live, but it will definitely be outside during the day at work. Aside from the appropriate weatherized fuel when it is available, what do I need to do? Any info is much appreciated. Also, if anyone has any recommendations for diesel shops in the Schaumburg/Hoffman Estates/Rolling Meadows/Woodfield area, let me know.

·
Premium Member
15,097 Posts
Moving to Chicago and had bulletproofing done? Hope you are talking about windows and steel plates!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, the burbs, not the war zone.

·
Super Moderator
26,497 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Use Rotella T6 5w40 synthetic or equivalent and add Archoil AR9100 oil treatment to prevent stiction. You might want to get your FICM checked out by Ed at FICMrepair,com.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Use Rotella T6 5w40 synthetic or equivalent and add Archoil AR9100 oil treatment to prevent stiction. You might want to get your FICM checked out by Ed at FICMrepair,com.
Rotella 5-40 for sure.....the Archoil did nothing for my stiction but REV-X was the bomb. The Rotella alone should suffice unless there is a problem, then you could add to it if there is a problem.

Do you have a block heater?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do have a block heater. I've got the oil taken care of and like I said, I just had it bulletproofed, new radiator, new hoses all the way around, new degas bottle, new fan clutch and water pump.Save for the small p/s leak, she is all good otherwise. Well, with the exception of the non-functioning drivers side seat heater.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts