The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He dyno'd 508hp today in NH. Running stock nozzle Mini-Me's. I'm sure he will fill in the rest of the info later. Tim's switching injectors in the AM and then running again.- I hope to actually see the run tomorrow.
Joel

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
Congrats way to go!!!!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Great numbers!! What kind of mods is he running, thats about what I would like to get to maybe a lil higher! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats! Wander what turbo Tim is runnin?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think "you" might know. There isn't to many times that Tim doesn't mention you.
The AA injectors(?) are going to try to make power tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Well that combo did 511 on Dunbars dyno earlier this year and with 3 year old tuning. I hope he can better it.

[/ QUOTE ]

with that setup it made 40lbs boost with 50lbs drive and it ran those mm's out of fuel....clean on top end and will post vids later.

·
Registered
507 Posts
good numbers man...can you tell us what are your supporting mods.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[ QUOTE ]
what were todays numbers with the b codes?

[/ QUOTE ]
2 words:
NOT GOOD

Lost over 100+ hp over the mini-me's- Tim was going to try different tuning- but I left and didn't see the next results.

On my end it was a great day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/phoney.gif My 4 pos chip got fried- another $450 gone.

·
Registered
507 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Empty checkbook /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I know the feeling...it will get better with time...lol

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
It started to break up on the big end and popping and sputtering through the exhaust and only making 40psi boost so we puller'er off the rollers and David and I were talking it was the same problem as lastyear. Talked to Beaner later in the day and tossed in the same 511hp tune in my truck and David let me go again later in the day, took the truck for a rip before we strapped it down and seperated an intercooler pipe at 60psi.... Got that fixed and loaded it on the dyno and first pull was like 418 and david wanted to try something so he pulled it and 446hp I asked what did he do and his reply was only used 1/4 to 1/2 throttle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif so he did it again and the same then BOOM pipe seperated again so no NOS on this one.....I guess I am also a member of the Half-a$$ half throttle club as Billy's P-Pumped twinned dodge did the same thing??????

Will talk to Beaner later..Pics and Vids to come.

Thanks for all who attended and I hear that this event was the BIGGEST openhouse event ever...over 50 trucks dynoed..

and the guy who changed his tranny....Dude that left a mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Tim

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
So I take it you don't have big-oil?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yes I do but it seems on the injector swap there is something amiss and are working on it. I tried to tune it out tonite and got it to stop sputtering and stop smoking but it will only go to 2500 rpm and it doesn't have enough sac to get out of 1st gear speed wise, but that was just goofing with the live tuning and they are comming back out tomorrow anyway.... Will put in the 508hp hybrids back in for the 400+ mile trip to the camp. I would be interested to see what is wrong and see if it does it in another truck.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts