The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on this forum for 16 years now and still haven't done the CCV mod. I've done almost all the other typical PSD mods but for some reason I haven't done the cheapest and quickest mod out there. I started researching this one after finding the source of my valley oil leak coming from crankcase oil blowing out the end of the hose coming off the Y pipe going to the MAP. I would like to get this oil out of the intake but I started finding a number of posts about crankcase pressure increases causing oil seal leaks or smoke coming coming out of the hose when routed away from the engine. I assume if I put the CCV mod in with no cartridge at the end I won't increase crankcase pressure. Is there a vacuum component that I will lose by doing the mod that could increase crank case pressure? I don't want to put in a cartridge that will increase pressure but I also don't want to allow oil residue to drip onto the driveway. Do I route the end into an open container? Is there really a reduction in EGT with this mod too? Any other suggestions or comments?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I haven't done mine either, had it for 15 yrs, the truck now has 316k miles on it and sure don't give a sh!t about some simple mod. Some work and some are not worth the effort, and this one never thrilled me (along with shimming the fpr). Its a truck, its slow, it smells, but its strong and I tow every day with it just the way it is. Sorry, just realized I may have convinced you to "not" do the mod. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
The only valid reason to do this mod is to keep oil out of an intercooler. If you're not intercooled leave it as it is. You have nothing to gain.

I've done the CCV mod to keep oil out of mine, but I'm tired of smelling it when I pull into my garage and last year it was spotted during an emissions test. The tech had missed it two years prior. To get the oil to drop out of the vapor and still burn the fuels in the engine I'm adapting this filter to mine for the smell and emissions reasons.

http://www.republic-mfg.com/prodcat/MANN-FIlters-Provent-200.asp?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Havent done mine either kurt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts