The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 13 f250 6.7 and have been going through everything to make sure everything is in good working order. I have noticed when I run my truck and shut it off I can hear and feel bubbling in the top coolant hose. I don't see anything in the recovery tank but it lasts for a few minutes and it's done. It's not running hot and I'm not having to add coolant. Is this normal for a 6.7? I had a 5.9 cummins before this and this motor is way more complicated than that one. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are not losing coolant and you don't have a milkshake in the oil pan than I wouldn't worry
Everything appears to be fine as far as that goes. I'm thinking it's just where it sits on top of the motor and beside the hot side turbo pipe and heats up after shutoff and starts to bubble a little. It doesn't bubble into the tank and there is no bubbling in the tank with the lid off at operating temperature or otherwise. I feel like I'm just noticing because it's new to me.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Another thing I do is if I am working the truck hard I let it idle for 5 10 minutes to allow the turbo to cool down. When I'm towing I never shut off the truck to fuel up.If I have to go inside I shut it off lock the doors and start the truck with the fob.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another thing I do is if I am working the truck hard I let it idle for 5 10 minutes to allow the turbo to cool down. When I'm towing I never shut off the truck to fuel up.If I have to go inside I shut it off lock the doors and start the truck with the fob.
I've started doing that as well. I haven't heard it since then. I did notice the other morning when I was cooler out that the hose was sucked in. I've read thats a bad cap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts