The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 6.0, I noticed its leaking coolant from one of the fittings on the bottom of the radiator, the line runs into the stock coolant filter base. Has anyone else had this problem? What was your fix? And if i put an aftermarket filter system on it, can I just delete the OEM system completely?

·
Registered
266 Posts
That's not a coolant filter. It's an inline transmission filter. If the fitting in the radiator is leaking it may need a radiator. You can purchase the fittings from the dealer if you want to try it, but usually if coolant is leaking between the radiator and the fitting you're going to need a radiator

·
Registered
240 Posts
If you replace the radiator, you may want to also replace the front cab support bushings. These wear out and don't allow the radiator to float.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not leaking between the radiator and the fitting, it's leaking right where the line meets the fitting. Is there an o-ring in there that could have gone bad?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, went to the dealer you can't get the fittings separate, you have to get a radiator at $370, which is a ****ing joke, so I think I'm going to drain the radiator take that line off radiator and filter housing ends and take the fitting out measure thread pitch and all that **** and find a pipe fitting suitable, make a steel braided line with two screw on ends and call it a day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts