The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Ok, a little back story. Bought a 96 f250 and camper as a package. 250 went to hell so driving along and I see an 06 f350 so i stop. Get to talking and I take it. My biggest mistake telling the guy my knowledge of diesel, let alone the 6.0, is about the same as anyone from autozone. So stuff starts going wrong, I fix what I can and do the research and whatnot. Now I realized that the guy knew exactly what was wrong with it and it's at the 180 Mark where everything goes wrong and it needs Bulletproof or sold. Which kind of leads me to my question that I haven't found anywhere else. I did a coolant flush, took it for a spin, the truck ran great, parked it and it puked its coolant. However not out of the D gas bottle or any hose and I couldn't find the source where it came from. out of the water pump? I couldn't figure out where it came from because my entire engine was covered in coolant minus the top of the engine and right underneath the D gas bottle so I know it didn't come from there. Yo I'm confused. Is there a plug designed for that reason? She starts and it runs okay until it realizes it's not sucking any coolant in but doesn't overheat either.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
When it is in the driveway, pressure up the coolant system to about 15 psig and look for the leak.

Reactions: ArcticDriver
1 - 2 of 2 Posts