The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my coolant system is having some issues guys. I’ve had to flush it several time due to rust. But besides that the system keeps pressurizing the reservoir tank usually while cold. Well I finally got the thermostat to open and that stopped for the most part. But now the coolant level sucks down into the engine when I hit the accelerator. I’ve done hydrocarbon tests and pressure tested the system and both came back how ya want em. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
497 Posts
When the thermostat is open engine running temperature then when you rev it up with the cap off it will suck the water down into the radiator. This is normal. When you let off it may puke some out of the hole. Fill it cold. Make sure the reservoir is to the full line cold. Check the cap is good. If the truck doesn't overheat than you are golden. The reservoir should not pressurize. Thea tells me that that cap is junk.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10 4 yea I had air still in the system enough it wouldn’t clear without the thermostat opening once it opened I added some more water and it puked a little more burped some more air and finally calmed down and sat still at the full line let it idle for a couple more minutes like that and she was just fine. I was messing up by putting the cap on before getting all the air out. Skipping steps being excited to get her running and driving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts