The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So right after Thanksgiving, a deer decided to use the front of my truck to commit suicide. I know at least one of the coolers, the intercooler, and the radiator are trashed.

I'm looking into the idea of upgrading the cooling system, and anything else while the front of the truck is apart, and things are easily accessible.

Here's what I'm starting with...
2008 F350, about 110k miles. Bone stock, with the exception of the DPF-R+ tuner eliminating the DPF and EGR, as well as the DPF delete pipe

The number one thing I'm going to do is the flush, and fill with ELC coolant.
Should I go with a Mishimoto radiator, or OEM?
I was going to block off the EGR coolers, but should I worry about removing them altogether?
Any other suggestions appreciated.

(Sorry, had to create a new account. Can't log into my old one, password recovery doesn't work, and I can't get an email back from any of the admin)

·
Registered
40 Posts
if you have the money great. I'd just get a replacement radiator for about $300....a lot less than the Mishimoto radiator.

if you've never had heating issues save the money....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The truck is covered by insurance. My buddy here in town owns the body shop, so I can get parts at cost, plus a discount on the labor. As well, I can turn a wrench myself. I was planning on using the savings to upgrade parts, etc.

What radiator do you recommend at that price?

·
Vendor
611 Posts
The Mishimoto stuff for this truck is Top of the Line. Looks awesome and works even better. If you can afford it, it's a good thing to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts