The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suggest that a new forum be established that deals exclusively with the maintenance of the new 6.0 engine and drive train. Now that 80000 or so are on the road, maintenance will become more of a needed topic. Since I am an Excursion owner, I feel I will be chastised if I ask questions on the Super Duty site even though I have the identical drive train and engine. I do not have a SD, but since that forum is so much more visited than the lonely X Powerstroke site, I find myself having to go there for information. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vulnerable.gif

·
Registered
594 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I suggest that a new forum be established that deals exclusively with the maintenance of the new 6.0 engine and drive train.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Maybe I'm missing something here, but...Try this forum: 6.0L Powerstroke and Drivetrain

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I must be missing something because your link directs me right back to the Super Duty 6.0 forum, who I have come to understand do not like to hear too much from the Excursion owners. If I can post there with 6.0 questions EVEN THOUGH I am an Excursion owner, I am fine with that. I just need information and it seems to me if all of the expertise on this web site were directed to a specific maintenance forum it would be very helpful... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
That forum is for 6.0L specific questions, whether Super-Duty or Excursion. Excursion-specific questions should go in the appropriate forum.

Jason

·
Registered
594 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I think I must be missing something because your link directs me right back to the Super Duty 6.0 forum, who I have come to understand do not like to hear too much from the Excursion owners.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not the sharpest guy around here on using the search feature, but I just read every post you have posted on the 6.0L forum and I have not found a single instance that supports that claim.
Can you be more specific?
As I understand it (and as Jason's post confirms) the 6.0 forum is for all 6.0 engine and related drivetrain discussion, regardless of chassis.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GREAT..... I will post early and often about 6.0 issues on that site. But you have to agree with me that the forum itself, by its title does not invite Excursion owners... Ok, lets relax, I just want to know about 6.0 issues, even if it is installed in a Yugo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
What are you talking about??????

The forum says neither SuperDuty or Excursion. Read it again.
6.0 Powerstroke and Drive Train.

What word don't you understand??

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Higgins,

You think X owners get hammered, try owning a gasser and playing on this site. Just develop a little thicker skin and you'll come to really enjoy this site (or maybe I'm just a little s/m?). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

Robb /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Super Moderator
18,870 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
The forum says neither SuperDuty or Excursion. Read it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, Jamie - you were up too late last night??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif

Higgins is right. Yes, the 6.0L engine forum is in the section of forums for "1999-Up Super Duties". That means pickups and chassis cabs with the 6.0L engine and drivetrain.

Folks with X-cars can post there too, but they cannot ask any X-car-specific questions in that forum.

As far as I know, the X-car drivetrain is identical to the drivetrain in the SuperDuties, so I can't think of a topic that would be off topic in that forum just because the vehicle is an X-car instead of a pickup.

If the X-car engine differs from the SuperDuty engine in any way, discussion of those differences would be off topic in the SuperDuty forums.

The basic policy of "on topic" in the '99-up SuperDuties forums is the same for the X-cars as for the Fords with gas engines and for E-vans. If the answer to a question would be identical regardless of vehicle or engine, then the question can be posted in the '99-up SuperDuties forums. But if the answer might be even slightly different than if the question were about a pickup with a PSD engine, then the question is off topic and will be moved to the appropriate forum where it will be on topic.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks S.W. , I do think I can read and I only want to comply with the posting rules set up by this site. I just do not think the 6.0 X guys, "at times" do not get a "fair shake". The forum could easily be changed to describe it as a forum for 6.0 Powerstroke Diesels and Drive train without limiting it to Super Duty Trucks (which by the way I have the upmost respect for but just do not have the need, since I have four kids I love to "haul" around).
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts