The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Using fuel from a high volume station such as a truck stop or other stores like Wal Mart/Sams/Murphy/etc and using a lubricity additive.

JMHO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, I buy my diesel fuel from a high traffic Valero gas station. plus i use fuel additive. plus i change my fuel filters twice a year. plus i drain water from tank fuel filter once a month. plus i have a very conservative driving (never any brutal accelerations, try not to exceed 1,500 RPM, do little warm up before driving) but was told the CP4 might still break. my truck has 140,000 miles. i bought it when it had 106,000 miles and i don't know if previous owners took care of it or not. i just can't afford $10,000 in repair for changing the complete fuel system if this happens to break. I would feel more comfortable doing it. Do you know a good one (middle price range but good quality)?

·
Registered
2,501 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
you posted your question in the wrong forum on FTE. You should have posted and searched int he 6.7 forum of which I gave you the link in my previous post above.

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
People have answered your question that you posted on multiple forums. You give a "cut-n-paste" response each time. Driving under 1500rpms IS NOT going to help stop a fuel issue.

If you are that worried spend the money on the kit and be done. Otherwise stick with your habits.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
And just so we are all clear on this, the kit does not prevent high pressure fuel pump failures. The purpose of the the kit is supposed to prevent metallic contamination of the high pressure fuel rails and fuel injectors should an internal high pressure pump failure occur.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Google "Dieselsite dual fuel filter water separator kit". It's pretty much plug & play. If you do get a bad dose of fuel, the chance of any water ever getting to your stock fuel filter/pump will be damn near impossible. You'll be able to just look under your driver's side door and see if there is water in the first filter bowl. If there is some in there the bowls are clear so you can actually see it and it is much easier to drain off than the stock drain. You'll be able to go a whole year on your $78 to change stock filters if you'd like and when you pull them out you'll be wondering why you did because there won't be any crud/crap/water in them at all. $700 may sound steep but it's less than 10% of $7800...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts