·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
those will look great

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea they are really nice better than my headlights..

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
where did you get them and how much$

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Figures,,,,,, no ***** shipping to Alaska...

Just how bright are the lights?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Subbed!

Sent from iPhone PSD

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The lights are awesome! They are really bright I actually just turn those on cause they light 1000 times better than my headlights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
What wiring harness did you get? Do you have to pull bumper to get bracket off?

·
Super Moderator
26,510 Posts
Figures,,,,,, no **** shipping to Alaska...

Just how bright are the lights?
Call 'em and squawk about it.

from their site:
Notice:

Additional shipping fee will be charged for buyers from Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, the U.S. military address of the United States and The nonnative American address Please contact our customer service for the details of extra shipping fee, thanks

It really frosts me when they won't ship to APO/FPO addresses, which are basically contiguous states US Postal Service addresses. They shouldn't treat the military that way, let alone Alaskans, Hawaiians, etc.

Ask them to put it in a flat rate box and set up a pickup from the USPS. It doesn't cost any more than mailing next door.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
KL, your going to love this.
Found a set on Ebay for the 26.95 with free shipping... but wait after I paid they came back and requested that I pay for the shipping..
After a few days and a call to ebay .. because no where in checking out did the cost of shipping come up they needed to ship or refund, they chose to use usps flat rate and ship them out, today it looks like.:banana_hitit::banana_hitit::banana_hitit:
So it can be done, along the way they did say that they had shipped to Alaska and I am thinking that buyers in Alaska paid the full fair.
but we get off topic.. I am looking forward to the lights and see how they do as we are getting to the time of year that Moose are going to be hard to see.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DrTrash, I just bought a separate set of wire harness, yes I had to pull the brackets. For the purpose of keeping everything intact I took the wire harnesses I bought, cut them in half, soldered the correct connector to the LED lights, and mounted to the OEM brackets, so basically it was a plug and play once the wiring was done. They work great, better than my headlights.

Wire Harness:
http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/111284501286

·
Registered
169 Posts
Can you get the bracket off without taking off bumper? Have a bunch of lights that don't want to disconnect. Would rather add new lights instead of changing out bulb to upgrade. Check out lifetime led if you want bright headlights. The LED bulb for headlight is super bright.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Can you get the bracket off without taking off bumper? Have a bunch of lights that don't want to disconnect. Would rather add new lights instead of changing out bulb to upgrade. Check out lifetime led if you want bright headlights. The LED bulb for headlight is super bright.
I know you can remove the stock fogs without removing the bumper, but im not sure if you can get the new lights back in. Check utube for the removal process.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes I had no trouble with removal or re install.. I drilled out the hole where the OEM fogs have the adjustment bolt.. Drilled that out used the hardware that came with the lights. Plugged them in and no complaints since. Went in just as easy as I took them out.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Order a pair, will try them out for reverse lights and then maybe another pair for fog, thx for info

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thanks for the idea. I'm in the process one side is done. What a bear though, for the bottom bracket bolt. I have a 4X4 and it has the blocking bar. No access from underneath. I took out the old lights from the bracket to give me some room. Also took off the grill. Good thing I don't have manly hands.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are you buying the spot or flood version of these lights?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I bought the flood, would like to hear more on installation process. I replaced the bulb a few yrs back and there was very little room to operate so not sure how you got the lights out

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I am going to be working on changing the rear back up lights, there are some photos of the lights on the back of the van..
Two are up on the rack and the other two are in the tail lights, changed the reverse lights to the top and removed the black plastic so that just the clear cover remained ... all 4 come on with a relay and are 55watt lights.. but they will be changed to the LED lights.
The round one is gone... has been for a while.
old photos.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts