The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still trying to find information in regards to the combination Horn Relay Circuit and the Cruise Control mechanism for my 1986 F350 XL model truck. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
222 Posts
As I recall, the horn/cruise relay is under the dash, about in the center. I cannot remember what it looks like, or the exact location.

Buy or look at one at your local parts store, so you have some better idea what you're looking for.

Ken

·
Registered
2,282 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Joe, thank very much for the pictures/diagrams that you sent to me. They are a tremendous help. I had down loaded Ziggsters trouble shooting guide, but could not identify all of the elements that I need to check. So with the diagrams that you have sent to me I should be able to finish what I started.

Wonderdawg

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wonderdawg, what is wrong with your cruise? The reason I ask is mine would not work and is now working. Took the module out and to the Ford place but didn't get one because they said it couldn't be tested and most likely wasn't the problem. The truck I had was sitting up for almost a year, just using it helped some. I would think about checking turn signal switch and ignition switch first.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
If you think that the module is bad, several people on this site have reported cracked solder joints inside the module. It seems that it takes a beating when the parking brake is released unless you catch the pedal with your foot and cushion the impact.
I have been trying to get into that habit, I remember to about 90 to 95 percent of the time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

Reactions: Jkline398

·
Registered
1994.5 F350 7.3PSD XLT CC LB Dually
2 Posts
If you think that the module is bad, several people on this site have reported cracked solder joints inside the module. It seems that it takes a beating when the parking brake is released unless you catch the pedal with your foot and cushion the impact.
I have been trying to get into that habit, I remember to about 90 to 95 percent of the time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif
This is an old thread, I'm not one to revive old threads unless it's valuable. I bought a nice 94.5 f350 November of last year and checked cruise before buying and loved that such an old but proven diesel tow pig had working cruise control. Well the other day I had no cruise... I have been reading all the threads and no others mention this and I am guilty of letting the park brake pedal slam back. I've honestly never thought about this in any truck I've owned and driven, great advice.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
That doesn't apply to '94.5-up diesels because there is no cruise module. The cruise system is just a logical software function programmed into the PCM. And it probably doesn't apply to '93-up, either, since that was when gassers switched to an electronic cruise servo under the hood (no module inside).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts