The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 7.3 cclb zf6. 271k
How’s it going, hoping for some insight on why I would have lost cruise after installing single shot injectors and a hydra tune. Hopefully it’s coincidental, I fear the worst. Here’s where I’m at. All inputs look good on the scan tool. I can see the brake pressure applied, brake switch, clutch switch, parking brake switch and all steering wheel inputs active. Brake pressure switch on master is new. Cruise worked perfectly for years, now it’s 100% inop. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. Doug. PS...do the diesels have the (hold off button turn the key on cruise self test?) I’ve used it on the gassers. Never had to try it on my truck.

·
Premium Member
9,503 Posts
The first thing to do is to disconnect the Hydra tune and see what happens. Don't just set it to stock but pull it out completely.

·
Super Moderator
26,395 Posts
The tune may have screwed it up. Give Hydra a call and see what they say.
I don't know if the diesels have that self test. Never heard of it.

What Bugman said.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I disconnected the chip and tried for the onboard test with no success. I’m apprehensive to start it with no chip due to the stock ecu programmed for split shot injectors...not to mention the cruise won’t engage until 30mph. I’d have to Jack the rear axle because I’d rather not drive with a calibration not suited for single shots.

·
Premium Member
9,503 Posts
Take it for a drive. The stock programming will run the injectors enough to see if there is still a problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I get home from work at 9:30am. The drive home from the station will be with the chip unplugged. Stay tuned. Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can make the cruise enable intermittently with the chip unplugged. It doesn’t work as it should, but limited functions are there. Seems to me the chip had an adverse effect on the cruise portion of the ecu. Working with full force to sort it out. 😢

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No conclusion still, cruise will sometimes engage with the chip out. Will not do anything with the chip in. Full force has sent me tunes to try, no luck. Possible pcm damage? I have another one, but it needs to be repaired in order to try it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts