The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cruise control turns off when truck crosses bridges on interstate brake lights all work unhooked trailer brake control still turns off can brake switch be set less sensitive?

·
Premium Member
15,048 Posts
Is the cruise killed by the brake light switch or the pressure switch? I’m not sure but it may make a difference on the repair.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure which or what is turning cruise off when i hit a bump it shuts off. I can lift up on brake pedal with my foot an it turns off also

·
Super Moderator
26,385 Posts
Do you have the factory installed cruise with the brake pressure switch on the master cylinder or the add-on kit. The latter uses an auxiliary switch on the brake pedal arm that may need to be adjusted a bit.

·
Super Moderator
11,973 Posts
The factory cruise also will turn off with the brake light switch. Most likely the brake light switch is your problem.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is their an adjustment i can do on switch or just replace yes it is factory cruise replaced switch on master cly and harness with fuse about a year ago when cruise wasn't working

·
Premium Member
15,048 Posts
Most brake light switches are adjustable - ours doesn't appear to be. Looks like a swap is in order.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
any special brand or is autozone switch ok

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
also their is on play lightly touch brake pedal lights come on

·
Premium Member
15,048 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate to grab one locally. Especially with the warranty.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
will do thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
replaced switch little bit of play before brake lights come on will test drive tomorrow 3 degrees hear don't want to open door thanks Kevin and RT will post results tomorrow

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
took truck out cruise wouldn't work torque converter not locking up put old switch back on cruise works and converter locks .new switch is duralast f4863 part name switch interruptor didn't get on interstate to see if cruise cuts off when truck hits bumps

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
live and learn used fuse #28 for add a circuit for power mirrors knocked fuse loose installing brake switch. circuit powers brake shift interlock,drl relay coil speed control module vacuum pump and other stuff found it this morning driving truck -2degrees and no heat in truck. reinstalled new brake switch all is well cruise works great no more turning off on bumps even ran over rumble strips on side of interstate good to go thanks

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I know that it might sound odd, but Where is this switch at?
A few weeks ago crossed some frost heaves and really bounced the van and now do not have the cruise control and thought that after searching this could be the answer but Where to find the switch. With my luck I have been looking right at it but because of the forest I could not see the single tree.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The speed sensor switch is on the brake master cylinder. If it fails you can just lose cruise, or have a fluid leak, or have a fire. Ford added a fusible link as part of the recall.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Is it the duralast f4863 ?

·
Registered
348 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Not every spring but this year there are some spots on the roads that if one missing it will BOUNCE a rig real good, and I found one and bounced and have not had cruise control.... so it is either a switch or a wire that is not hooked on.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
An Update,
Shop with Snap on Scanner.......... road test and No Codes, switches on wheel work, breaks work all is talking ... but no Cruise control and No Codes...
There is a wire some place ........... but where????

1 - 20 of 20 Posts