The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cruise stopped working about 6 months ago. Finally itching to have it back. I did the KOER switch test and came back with this. What are your thoughts on what is wrong? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
25,019 Posts
Did you cycle all the switches during the test? It looks like every switch checked by that test failed. That would happen if you just ran the test and didn't cycle any of the switches.

If you pushed all the cruise buttons during the test, then I'd say your clock spring is shot.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OOOOOH! Didn't know I was supposed to do that. I will redo the test and post my results then. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
While the KOER test is running, press the OD switch on and off, press all the buttons on the steering wheel one at a time, turn the wheel half a turn and back, step on the brake pedal, and cycle the 4WD switch. If it's a manual press the clutch pedal to the floor and release, as well. The test doesn't automatically activate all those inputs, so if you don't do it manually it thinks they failed the test.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Extremely delayed response here as life is crazy, but I finally went back and did the KOER switch test and this time I actually pushed all the switches haha.

I did this test a couple dozen times just to compare the results and they were hardly consistent. Relating to the cruise control, the CRUISE ON failed and the Brake Position Switch Failed....however, not every time. The Brake position switch failed more often that the Cruise on. Am I doing something wrong that gives me these inconsistencies?

I don't know if this is related but now that's it's getting colder, my truck went into high idle the other day and when I depressed the brake it went back down to normal idle like it should. Does that mean the brake position switch is working properly or is that totally different from cruise?

·
Registered
141 Posts
check brake switch on end of master cylinder under hood also harness and fuse if it has it my switch went bad replaced switch cruise started working on my early 99

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I can NOT solve my cruise control issue. I have swapped out every possible sensor that I read about including...

Master cylinder brake switch
Master cylinder pressure switch
Brake pedal switch
Clock spring
The cruise buttons themselves
Transmission Range sensor

Nothing has made my cruise work again. The only sensor that I swapped out and then swapped back after it didn't fix the problem is the brake pedal switch so I guess I can try a new one again since I've done the clock spring and buttons since that. I suppose there could be more than one faulty sensor but ****! Is there ANYTHING that I'm missing here? This has me so frustrated

·
Super Moderator
25,019 Posts
The one thing that kind of hides in the woodwork as far as cruise control working is the parking brake switch. It's not documented well in the service manual. If yours is hung up and the brake indicator light is burnt out that would explain why the cruise doesn't work. I believe the KOER switch test will also check the parking brake switch, but if not, you can bring up that PID with AutoEnginuity and cycle the switch to see if the PCM can see it change state from on to off (1 or zero on the screen).

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Can't you run a diagnostic with AE?
Well, at least see if the button are working through the pcm.
Tunes?
Running any LEDs? High mount brake light working?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts