The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m putting this in an Excursion.
The backup camera to harness connections to harness are audio/video type and WILL not stand up to being outside. Crutchfield does not tell you that I am.
Heat shrink them.
Guitar accessory Communication Device Font Gadget Portable communications device

·
Premium Member
8,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Light Line Electrical wiring Gas Cable

Light Networking cables Audio equipment Cable Bumper

Networking cables Line Cable Electrical wiring Wire

Light Automotive tire Eyewear Electrical wiring Line

Wood Reptile Snake Scaled reptile Wire

Two little red short camera power wires. One from camera and one from harness. Silver together into a 32” long wire to run over to the 12v power wire at the revers lamp and heat shrink. The same with the little short black ground wire so you can run it to the frame.

·
Premium Member
8,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
This harness wires won’t survive long under your truck very long unprotected.
You can buy a 50ft. roll of 3/16” extruded plastic loom from Amazon for about $20.
It will be brutal trying to push 20 plus feet of the wire that runs the length of the truck into the loom’s splits so here’s a truck for you. Take a push pin tool and clamp it into your vise. It will hold the split open. Pull the loom and wire while you thumb is there at the split and lickedly split, you will be finished.
Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Metal Camouflage

·
Registered
597 Posts
Nice and clean wiring

·
Premium Member
8,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks George.
So when tapping into the rear tail light so the camera activates, do it the right way. DO NOT use wire taps they give you, all radio shops and what 99.99% mechanics use. You are asking for trouble with them.Poor connectivity, shorts and corrosion issues are extremely common, inside or outside of a vehicle.
And And yes, I need new smimming pool noodles for my creeper. They save my arms and ribs from the steel bar sides when I am all twisted up doing the funky chicken under a truck.
A
Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Tire Bicycle wheel Crankset

Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar Automotive lighting Vision care Bicycle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts