The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Wasn't this the same V-8 they were going to put in the 1500 Rams? With Nissan only selling 20,000 trucks per year (compared to the F-Series' 650,000), I doubt they would be stepping up to compete with the Big 3.

·
Registered
11,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have any idea. As you saw, the article wasn't real complete. I'm sure Car & Driver and Trailer Life will have write-ups in the future. My ex-cousin-in-law has a gas V8 Nissan and he's towed a travel trailer all over the western states and he likes it real well. I think they are 5.7 liter like the Tundras. I see Tundras all over my area and up in Montana too, I'm not brand bashing but I don't think the Nissan pickups sell well because they're so butt-ugly compared to any other of the other 1/2 tons. Nissan makes some classy cars but they got left in the dust when it comes to styling a pickup.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I don't have any idea. As you saw, the article wasn't real complete. I'm sure Car & Driver and Trailer Life will have write-ups in the future. My ex-cousin-in-law has a gas V8 Nissan and he's towed a travel trailer all over the western states and he likes it real well. I think they are 5.7 liter like the Tundras. I see Tundras all over my area and up in Montana too, I'm not brand bashing but I don't think the Nissan pickups sell well because they're so butt-ugly compared to any other of the other 1/2 tons. Nissan makes some classy cars but they got left in the dust when it comes to styling a pickup.
I agree. My brother-in-law just traded his Titan in on an F-350 (bigger trailer now) but he liked that Titan and it had tons of power.

·
Registered
11,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Duh, Titan, I couldn't think of the name of them.:lol: I still have the C&D test reviews of all five 1/2 tons when the Titan and Tundra first came out in '07: Titan 317 HP, Chevy 367 HP, Dodge 345 HP, Ford 300 HP, Tundra 381 HP.

·
Registered
11,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, haven't heard from you in years! Glad you're still alive, hope things are going well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts